1. Herring-bone cirrus clouds scudding across blue skies.
2. Turning cartwheels on the beach.
3. A swim in a natural body of water.
4. Lazy Sunday mornings.
5. This Sigur Rós song. It's playing most mornings I yank open the curtains.
6. That first cup of coffee.
7. Boiled eggs and soldiers for breakfast.
8. Freshly-squeezed orange juice.
9. The Beatles’ song, Here Comes the Sun.
10. Throwing sticks for the dogs.
11. Skipping flat stones across the river.
12. Slow technicolour implosion sunsets.
13. A long hot bath and a good book.
14. The way the world looks infinitely more manageable after a cup of tea.
15. Crème Soda (a green cooldrink you can only get in South Africa. It tastes of summer pool parties when you were six)
16. A sense of humour. It’s your umbrella when the world is raining shit.